Point-based Graphics 2004 Papers
Page maintained by Ke-Sen Huang.
If you have additions or changes, send an e-mail.
Note that when possible I link to the page containing the link to the actual PDF or PS of the preprint.
I prefer this as it gives some context to the paper and avoids possible copyright problems with direct linking.
Thus you may need to search on the page to find the actual document.
PBG has put the photos taken during the talks and presentations on the webpage. You can look at them in the photo gallery.
EG DL: Symposium on Point-Based Graphics 2004
- Are Points the Universal Modeling Primitive?
- Architecture Futures for Point-Based Representations
- Point-Sampled Shape Representations
New applications for points
- Multi-Resolution Sound Rendering (Project)
- Interactive Silhouette Rendering for Point-Based Models
Minh X. Nguyen,
- Boolean Operations on Surfel-Bounded Solids Using Programmable Graphics Hardware
- Phong Splatting
- Point-based Surface Rendering with Motion Blur
Sampling and editing
- Real-Time Point Cloud Refinement
- Stratified Point Sampling of 3D Models
- Interactive 3D Painting on Point-Sampled Objects
Birds of a Feather Session: Pointshop3D
Pointshop3D is a system for interactive shape and appearance editing of 3D point-sampled geometry. By generalizing conventional 2D pixel editors, it supports a great variety of different interaction techniques to alter shape and appearance of 3D point models, including cleaning, texturing, sculpting, carving, filtering, and resampling.
- Interactive point-based modeling from dense color and sparse depth
- Uncertainty and Variability in Point Cloud Surface Data
Niloy J. Mitra,
Leonidas J. Guibas
- Post-processing of Scanned 3D Surface Data
Large data sets: compression and rendering
- Progressive Compression of Point-Sampled Models
Edouard Carlo Lamboray,
- Compression of Point-Based 3D Models by Shape-Adaptive Wavelet Coding of Multi-Height Fields
- Layered Point Clouds
State of the Art Report, Panel Session
- Points Reloaded: Point-Based Rendering Revisited
- Panel Discussion: Past, present, and prospects of point-based graphics
Surface reconstruction using moving least squares
- Proximity Graphs for Defining Surfaces over Point Clouds
- The Domain of a Point Set Surface
Yong Joo Kil,
- On Normals and Projection Operators for Surfaces Defined from Points
- Topological estimation using witness complexes
Vin de Silva,
- Bounds on the k-neighborhood for locally uniform sampled surfaces
- Meshing Point Clouds using Spherical Parameterization
Segmentation and matching
- A Barcode Shape Descriptor for Curve Point Cloud Data
- Shape segmentation and matching from noisy point clouds
Tamal K. Dey,
- Finite Elements on Point Based Surfaces